Performance and Efficiency
- 4-Stroke Design: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
- Increased Displacement For More Power: The BF30 has the largest displacement in its class, at 552 cc (33.7 cubic inches), providing more torque in midrange operation.
- 3 to 3 Induction: 3 to 3 induction provides smooth, quiet operation, along with instant throttle response and performance. A compact 3-cylinder, 3-carburetor design utilizes one carburetor per cylinder. This design is more responsive than competitive throttle bodies with long intake runners.
- PGM Ignition: A reliable microprocessor accurately controls ignition timing during start-up and across the entire RPM range, providing optimum overall operation.
- Auto Start Enrichment - easy starts: Auto Start Enrichment acts as an automatic choke. Just like a fuel injection system, it automatically adjusts the air/fuel mixture for quick, easy starting and warm-up.
- Non-Linear Mounting System - smoother operation: Patented non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds.
- 3 Inlet Cooling: Provides plenty of water to maintain optimum engine temperature in all conditions.
Reliability and Durability
- Engine Alert System - Keeps you informed: Audio and visual cues combine with RPM reduction circuits to alert the operator of overheating, low oil PSI and over-revving to prevent engine damage.
- Forced Air Ventilation: Unique air intake on the top of the cowl allows cooler air to enter and warmer air to escape. The ventilation system reduces under-the-hood operating temperature, improving performance and long-term durability of the electrical components.
- 4-Front Corrosion Protection System - Fights the elements: A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Positive Lubrication: A crankshaft-driven, automotive-style trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components.
- Ultra Low 3 Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- True 5 Warranty: Honda's True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the first day as it is on the last.
Convenience and Ease of Use
- Center Mount Tiller - Easier control: The ergonomically designed tiller handle is longer for improved handling. Adjustments for throttle and steering friction allow easier control. Up front shift lever, PTT switch, and engine alert lamps provide added convenience.
- Regulated Charging System: A rectifier/regulator is standard on both manual and electric-start models. On manual models, you have the convenience of 4 Amps to charge the battery, and on electric-start models, a high-output 10 Amp system.
- Power Trim/Tilt: Allows user to trim the unit for maximum performance and handling: Trim Range: - 4° to +12°, Tilt Range: 64°
- Gas Assist Tilt: Acting much like a pressure strut on a car's trunk lid, the gas-filled cylinder makes it easy to tilt the engine for running in shallow water, or to raise it completely out of the water for protection.
- Forward Mounted Shift Lever: Provides easy access to the forward-mounted controls.
- Easy Maintenance: The port-mounted oil filter and oil fillers simplify maintenance. Easy "screw-type" valve adjusters require no shims, reducing maintenance costs.
- Built-In Pitot Tube: Built-in pitot tube in the gear case eliminates the need to drill holes in your boat for installation.
- Type: 4-Stroke SOHC 3 Cylinder - 2 Valves/ Cyl.
- Displacement: 552 cc (33.7 cu.in.)
- Bore & Stroke: 61 mm x 63 mm (2.4 x 2.5 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5,000-6,000 rpm
- Rated Power: 30 hp @ 6,000 rpm
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: 3 Carburetors
- Ignition System: PGM-IG
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Trim Range: -4 deg. to +12 deg.
- Tilt Range: 64 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator with voltage regulator (Electric Start): 10-Amp (126 watt)
- Propeller: 3-Blade Aluminum
- Diameter x Pitch: 9-7/8 x 12 in.
- Power Trim & Tilt: Available
- Gas Assisted Tilt: Available
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Overall Width: 375 mm/14.8 in.